Wednesday, October 26, 2005
Feel the wind over your....scales
::And I'm Freeeee free fallin. Yeah I'm freeeee free fallin::
A few days ago, before it got abnormally cold, I drove to campus and mid travel I noticed a cute little gecko on my window wipers. I was horrified. Here I am, buzzing along and this cute little being is holding on for dear life. I hoped that he would crawl down into the safety of the hood. But he didn't. He sat there, clinging for life. When I stopped at a red light, I could actually see his heart beating. I swear! I thought about getting out and tossing him over to the grass. But I didn't. As I picked up speed again, the most amazing thing happened. He turned slightly, raised his head and enjoyed the ride. Sure, I don't know for *sure* that he was enjoying the ride but it looked like it. He had no fear. He was just feeling the breeze rush over him. When I arrived at school, I picked him up and put him in the grass. I swear his heart was no longer beating a thousand beats a minute.
Maybe he had a stroke or was stunned....maybe he was a suicidal gecko who was hoping to fly off the windshield wipers...or maybe he was just enjoying the ride. It made me smile.


7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

everyone should know that kristen has been drinking unhealthy amounts of cough syrup lately.

if she asks if you know where the gecko is, please tell her that you just saw it a minute ago and it looks like it really appreciates life.

Blogger kristen said...

Hmm, do you think this post is a sign of a nervous breakdown?

It is entirely possible...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kristen, i just saw the gecko a minute ago and it looks like it really appreciates life.

Blogger Matt said...

Sweet jesus, I thought geckos were something you found in rain forests and jungles. You go to school in such a foreign land! ...Georgia!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geckos beleive it or not you can find just about anywere they are almost as common as anoles.
PM

Blogger kristen said...

common as anoles? i don't even know what those are...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clearly the gecko finally enjoyed the ride for the following reason:

He accidentally made his way onto your car and was afraid he'd never see his little baby geckos ever again. Once he figured that if he just hung on, you would, as a social creature, return to the place from whence you came, he could relax.

But then you took him off the car and put him in the grass and now his baby geckos are left searching for a positive male role model.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer