Sunday, February 19, 2006
Sparkling Dinner Conversation
I stole this idea from the Quaker Agitator. I'm lucky because I get to have dinner with the most interesting, lovely, fantastic person in the world every night. But in case he needs a break from me, it is good to have a back up list of people I could call in a pinch. So...in no particular order here is a list of people I would love to have a long dinner conversation and even longer lingering conversation over a glass (okay...BOTTLE) of wine with.

1.
George Stephanopoulos I have a thing for political men. I have an even bigger thing for political men that helped get Clinton elected. I love him on Sunday mornings--I'm sure I would love him on Saturday nights. I couldn't actually date George as he comes up to my chin but dinner. Dinner would be great...and insightful.

2.
Mo Rocca That hair, those glasses, the slight speech impediment. I love this guy. Loved him on the Daily Show, loved him on I love the 80's, loved him last year when he covered the debates. LOVE HIM.

3.
Howard Zinn Look at the picture, read his stuff...enough said. If we ever get a dog, we are naming him Zinney. Seriously.

4.
Patrick Dempsey This is a relatively new one. I love/hate his character on the show but I LOVE his hair. I LOVE his "look." You know the look....

5.
Hugh Grant I won't mention a person's hair again....but ever since he played his oh so political role in Love Actually, I've been hooked.

6.
Barack Obama I know it is slightly bandwagon but I don't care.


That's the short list. I reserve the right to add on at any given time for any variety of reasons. Maybe it will be an ongoing feature of the blog...


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg i love patrick, i wouldnt mind dinner w/ mcsteamy either...

i think this should be a regular posting...good idea...talk to you soon. Sarah

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um that first sentence made me throw up in my mouth a bit..I wasn't sure I had clicked on the right blog!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

shutup kourt

Blogger QuakerDave said...

The mention of my blog made kourt throw up in his mouth a bit? Man, I'm sorry...

Blogger QuakerDave said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger kristen said...

no, no, no...Kourt got sick because of my strong words about Drew! As far as I know quaker dave is okay with her....

...yeah, i was playing around with the font color and didn't end up liking it either

Blogger QuakerDave said...

Whew, that is reassuring. I know I can nauseate people I actually know. To be someone who makes perfect strangers ralph in the "blogosphere" might be more than I could bear...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quaker Dave~ Thus far I have found no reason for you to cause me to puke...it really is touch and go though so i will let you know when you cause me to throw up in my mouth...thanks in advance for doing everything in your power to avoid that :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer