Wednesday, April 19, 2006
The Mouthpiece

Okay, so we all know that McClellan bit the dust today. The second press secretary in three years to exit. Let me be the first (okay, the second...Bush beat me to it) to say that I think McClellan STUNK. STUNK. He was really only good at repeating (verbatim) the party line. But whatever....the deeper issue here is that NO PRESS SECRETARY is going to succeed in this administration. The idea behind a press secretary is that they (wait for it....)

brief.
the.
press.

Wellll, when Dubya wants no information to be released to the press, it is difficult to
brief.
the.
press.

Right?!?! Wouldn't you say?

...I would.

I LOVED Dubya's genius line from the press conference today
"His is a challenging assignment dealing with you all on a regular basis..."

And by dealing with all of you....he really meant, dealing with ME. AND MY DUMBASS ADMINISTRATION that shoots people and angers military generals.

So--you know what, Scott McClellan? Go out, get a beer, and sleep well tonight. Your life just got A LOT easier.


4 Comments:

Blogger QuakerDave said...

I will so miss watching him get all ruffled and blustery. That used to be such fun.

Blogger James Gilmore said...

It was only a matter of time before he either retired or his head exploded. I actually feel a little sorry for him... while everyone else in the administration could sit in their offices amidst the lies, he had to go out there every single day and be confronted by the corruption, criminality, and filth of this administration, and continually insist that there's nothing wrong and everything's ok. That kind of cognitive dissonance has got to be hard on a person. My recommendation to him is that he seek psychiatric help.

Blogger kristen said...

I agree on all accounts...I think he was either (a) not kept in the loop or (b) was on the inside and had to lie.

Either way, not a job I would want!

It is hard to explain/defend this administration

Blogger Matt said...

I'll miss his sweat stains.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer