Saturday, April 15, 2006
Weekend Update...Without Tina Fey
Last night, we caught the movie Thank You For Smoking. It was really GREAT. I was slightly nervous as I had really enjoyed the book and wasn't sure the movie would capture the clever, witty writing of Christopher Buckley (son of William but don't hold that against him). However, the fantastic cast of William H. Macy, Maria Bello, and Aaron Eckhart got it right. The movie/book is a clever look at the difficulty of a nation that values personal choice. It also is a great tongue in cheek view of both political correctness and corporate responsibility. I would highly recommend it. I laughed out loud quite a few times--but my sense of humor is sometimes a little....

off.

Drew said it reminded him of the Newsweek cartoons...you appreciate the clever writing but only really give a small laugh.

We also went to see our friend Chris' band play. He was playing in a bar that we had never even heard of. As we approached the entrance, we were met with a gaggle of motorcycles and large men. Not our typical scene! BUT we had THE. BEST. TIME. Great music! Great people! We made friends and even danced with some locals.

All in all a great night with great company. Fun time is over now....the end of the semester is upon us.

*this post will forever be known as the post of many links....


4 Comments:

Blogger poetics said...

I saw it last night too. The best part for me was when Claude lit up right after walking out of the theater. It was the most hillarious part of the film; I couldn't stop laughing all the way to the car ;o)

Blogger QuakerDave said...

Loved the book, can't wait to see the movie. Your review may motivate me some.

Blogger kristen said...

And wasn't it you that had Maria B. on his movie crush list?! She is really great in her (albeit small) part.

Blogger QuakerDave said...

Um... I didn't know she was in this movie. Oh, my. I think I need to find a late late showing...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer