Thursday, August 17, 2006
Kid Stuff

When they first arrived, I almost sent them back. Overwhelmed by the rubbery smell. Blinded by the bright color. I could hear my sister laughing....but I put them on and flopped around the house. IN. LOVE. They were just what I was looking for. Fun and weirdly sexy. Practical for the North Carolina rain but strangely stylish. They came in handy on a first (un)date I went on a few weeks later. I told the cute boy that I was going to move to Costa Rica, mingle amongst the locals and paint while wearing my bright boots. I thought they had character. He thought I had character and said (later) he knew right then that we would marry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smiled at the little boy running by my building. He was much ahead of his mom and looking back laughing. I told him "I have yellow boots, too." He looked skeptically at my pencil skirt and heels and began to turn his head. "But I have to be a grown up today." He nodded and flopped off. . . .


5 Comments:

Blogger Kourtney said...

I likey too!! (although I did laugh!)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

setsmefree.blogspot.com

Blogger Kourtney said...

I almost wish I had some yellow rain boots today...it is raining and I need to some running around....UGH why did I make fun of you ;)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

update your blog!!! i keep checking and seeing those orange boots. c'mon.

Blogger kristen said...

ummm..they are YELLOW :)

but i will try...i've just been uninspired lately :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer