Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Tuesday November 7th

Dear Lord Jesus, I do not often speak with you and ask for things, but now, I really must insist that you help me win the election tomorrow because I deserve it and Paul Metzler doesn't, as you well know. I realize that it was your divine hand that disqualified Tammy Metzler and now I'm asking that you go that one last mile and make sure to put me in office where I belong so that I may carry out your will on earth as it is in heaven. Amen.
-- Tracy Flick, Election

The big day is HERE....and I'm too superstitious to make any real predictions. And I don't know that we really can...absentee ballots....rain in key states...and the option of recounts and run offs make it too hard to call the final count at the end of the night. But it is STILLANEXCITINGDAY ...OH WOW! The fact that democrats even have HOPE is a big deal.

I'll do my obligatory needless voting in the red state that is my home today...but I'll still feel a sense of pride as a cast my ballot. But I won't feel as cool as Drew who was the first voter in our precinct today. I'm jealous...all that quality time in the polling place!

Anyway...here's to a very BLUE day not meaning a very sad day.


4 Comments:

Blogger Kourtney said...

I will cheers to a Blue day AND do the last day there will be those commercials. IL has gone CRAZY with political commercials!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Turns out if you got at 10:45 there is no line. Even in the rain it makes for a much more pleasant experience when there is no awful line.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? No shout out to my birthday on my favorite blog? what is this? how can the election take the cake? being an election day baby sucks!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Overheard a conversation at the barber shop today. Thought you'd enjoy it.

Barber to customer: So you voted straight ticket?
Customer: Yeah. It was the first time I have ever done that. But I had a message to get across.
Customer's spouse: So you wanted Granholm back in office?
Customer: I wanted my message heard.
Barber: I wanted to vote straight ticket. I wanted to vote straight Democrat...but I couldn't find one.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer