Monday, January 22, 2007
Blog For Choice Today!

Happy Anniversary of Roe v. Wade! In honor of the occasion I encourage everyone to blog for choice. The powers that be have asked that the posts be related to the the overall theme of "why I am pro choice."

I am pro choice because...

Sex isn't wrong. Sometimes sex should end in a pregnancy and sometimes it shouldn't. And it is not the government's job to tell the difference between the two. And I trust women to know when they should have a baby and when they shouldn't. And the bottom line is this--pro life people can exist in a pro choice world but pro choice people cannot exist in a pro life world. Pro life is anti choice. Pro life is anti trust.

I hope that lots of other people talk about how the root of abortion politics is oppression and patriarchy. That is also true. But I am pro choice because I am pro trust.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw a bumper sticker the other day that sums this up:

"How can you trust me with a child if you can't trust me with a choice?"

I felt it was the most appropriate bumper sticker I've seen relating to this topic.

Blogger kristen said...

exactly!

Blogger Kourtney said...

George W. Bush will protect your unborn fetus, then send your grown child to die in war. ~Rick Claro

Thought that quotation was very ironic!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer