Friday, February 16, 2007
Um...YES!
I read this idea:

I am such a nerd that on Saturday nights when we are heading out to meet our lovely, sparkling friends at cool bars or going to shows or whatnot, I not-so-secretly fantasize that it was socially acceptable to bring the Sunday newspaper to one's Saturday night events. Wouldn't it be great if people had Sunday paper parties? Everyone could spread out on the floor, there'd be a fire crackling (preferably in a fire place), wine and snacks, and the Sunday paper. "Look at this crappy Modern Love column!" you could say. "Oh my god, read this infuriating Real Estate Habitats article." Fun, right?

and I thought...Right! And then I asked her to be my friend...

I'm getting ready to settle in for a weekend of movie watching and writing...they are not related. I need some down time. I don't often need down time. But this was the type of week that if I drank scotch, I would. But I don't drink scotch. Because scotch tastes gross....and it makes my face do this:

(thanks to Peter for documenting my experience)



I'm working on it, though. I want to be a scotch drinker. I once shared a few moments with an academic idol of mine (yes--in a bar because that's what I do...)and she drank scotch. Straight. Without a chaser. And I thought it was cool and a sign of a lot of other things....

But I digress....

Labels:



6 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

yes! move to new york and be my friend! the thing is, think how much money we'll save splitting the sunday times every saturday night. that puppy's $3.50 a pop. that really adds up!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I try to think of KKC's scotch habits as follows: when you are that freaking smart, you can force your brain to recognize any substance as tasty.

I say this bc every other scotch drinker that I know is a pretentious ass... and I don't want to lump her into that mess.

Blogger kristen said...

which category will i fit into...when i become a 'scotch drinker?'

the few...the proud...the intellectual...

Blogger Kourtney said...

Put some water in your scotch....sometimes that helps :)

Blogger Dr. James McSaddle said...

I hope you AREN'T knocking the Modern Love column in the NYT. . .

Blogger Cagney Gentry said...

It's hard to beat a Balvenie on the rocks with your morning paper. No better way to greet the day. Kidding.

Just a note, treat scotch like a fine wine, first of all you should make it a priority to drink single barrel scotch and then pay attention to the complexities of the taste, don't mix and don't take shots. You can taste the barrel, the wood, all the years it has seen come and go, you can taste the hands and the lives that have been a part of its production. What a wonderful drink.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer