Thursday, March 29, 2007
The Infamous Proust Questionnaire
I'm not sure why it is so infamous...but over at Blogora, they did an updated version. I thought I'd play along...

You can too!

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness? Sunday, nothing to do, comfortable bed, laziness
2. What is your greatest fear? Letting people down/not living up to expectations
3. Which historical figure do you most identify with? Eleanor Roosevelt
4. Which living person do you most admire? As of late, Elizabeth Edwards...but before that it was Howard Zinn
5. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? I can be a *tad* judgmental
6. What is the trait you most deplore in others? Dishonesty
7. What is your greatest extravagance? Buying clothing that I can't afford
8. What is your favorite journey? Don't Stop Believing...I mean....My intellectual one (oh wow, that is so lame...yet true)
9. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Selflessness--Some selfishness is good.
10. On what occasion do you lie? I don't. I would do better to be a little LESS honest actually
11. What do you dislike most about your appearance? Pasty. White. Skin.
12. Which living person do you most despise? George W. Bush
13. Which words or phrases do you most overuse? Actually, uh-oh (I know there are more but I can't think of any...I'm sure people will remind me)
14. What is your greatest regret? No regrets
15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? ADS
16. Which talent would you most like to have? Ability to paint
17. What is your current state of mind? Full
18. If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be? They'd live closer
19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Getting into [and surviving my first year at] UGA
20. If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? Another version of myself
21. If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be? Another version of myself
22. What is your most treasured possession? Can people be possessions? ADS
23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Having to beg for money and food
24. Where would you like to live? Washington D.C.
25. What is your favorite occupation? What? As in...what would MY favorite occupation be? Tenured professor with some consulting on the side
26. What is your most marked characteristic? I'm very social
27. What is the quality you most like in a man? Intelligence and humor
28. What is the quality you most like in a woman? Intelligence and humor
29. What do you most value in your friends? Intelligence and humor
30. Who are your favorite writers? Oh geez. I could go on and on but I'll narrow....Carson McCullers and Jane Austen
31. Who is your favorite hero of fiction? Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice)
32. Who are your heroes in real life? My mom, Howard Zinn, Eleanor Roosevelt
33. What are your favorite names? Annabelle, Avery, Stella, Eliot
34. What is it that you most dislike? Cold weather and mayonnaise
35. How would you like to die? In my sleep
36. What is your motto?[I'm adding two from the original questionnaire here} The personal is political
37. Who is your favorite painter? N/A...my little sisters?!?
38. Who is your favorite musician?[and one of my own} Van Morrison
39. What is your favorite song? Brown Eyed Girl

Labels:



3 Comments:

Blogger Kourtney said...

I never knew you liked my paintings so much :)

Blogger erika said...

It's interesting you chose "Brown-Eyed Girl". I must agree though that brown eyes are fabulous!

Blogger Dr. James McSaddle said...

K-Mick,

I couldn't resist taking this updated version of the Proust Questionnaire.

I can't believe that inside is not the question of ones favorite bird!

My reply is: I like how a Blue Jay looks but I can't stand how it sounds...it is similar to the women I date.

Don't you love bird humor?

DT

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer