Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Some words about Steve Martin
It seems to me that I'm not the only one who didn't know Steve Martin wrote things until Shopgirl came out (I think I just assumed it was another Steve Martin writing in the New Yorker...I probably even thought to myself 'that poor guy, I bet everyone always assumes it is STEVE MARTIN.'). And maybe even after that film people didn't realize it...maybe you still don't realize it. Well....I guess you realize it now. So...thank GOD you read this blog. Thank. God.

People...Steve Martin is funny. And I don't mean Cheaper by the Dozen or Bowfinger funny. I mean witty. And subtle. And genius.

I mean...

"writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they can have an excuse to drink alcohol..."
Funny. (and true)

I just finished Pure Drivel. At the recommendation of my brother-in-law and because of my fondness of Shopgirl, I picked it up in the library today. I was wandering aimlessly and decided to look at it. I loved the cover so I went for it. It is a little book full of funny vignettes. Very quick and enjoyable read. I read it in approximately 45 minutes. It made me giggle. He gives advice on writing, taking medication joining Mensa and taking Zoloft. A little something for everyone.

Labels:



2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Steve Martin rules...I live my life pretending bowfinger and cheaper by the dozen never happened. Also, I make it a point to never miss 'The Jerk' when it plays on cable.

Blogger Privatjokr said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

You were due for a recommendation from me that actually worked out well...

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer