Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Spring Break 2007 Part I: Savannah
Hey you crazy kids! You know what you should do? You should go to Savannah, Georgia. Yep. Today. We just got back and had a great, great time.

See?! That is fun being had!


Great weather. Great company. Great food. Ahhhhh vacation.


KRISTEN'S SAVANNAH TOP THREE


1. Lady and Sons. PAULA DEEN'S restaurant. Paula Deen (Paula's Home Cooking) has a show on the food network. She is awesome. Her food is awesome. Her place is awesome. But you have to be dedicated to go--in order to get on the list to eat, one* must wait in a very long line with other crazy tourists. But once you get inside...OH WOW...lots of fried, starchy pieces of heaven await.











2. Smiles Piano Bar. I love piano bars. This one was particularly fun and cheap. I can't guarantee you as good of time as we had as we are extraordinarily fun people. But you should go anyway and give it your best. But you should know that the players refused to play Come On Eileen--even after three requests and much pouting from me. Apparently they don't know all the words. Pffff.



3. Mrs. Wilkes' Dining House. More country home cooking. Family style dining. Also involves a line (an hour in our case). More variety than Lady and Sons but the chicken wasn't as good.





More pictures at my Shutterfly account. You should take a look at some of the scenic pictures. There is more to Savannah than food and drink.
We are trading in our warm weather to head north tomorrow. Chicago here we come!


* And by one I mean someone other than me...I made Drew do it because that is the type of partner I am

Labels: , , ,



8 Comments:

Blogger Privatjokr said...

How far away is Savannah?

What did you guys get at The Lady and Sons? This is the detail that matters!

Blogger kristen said...

Savannah is only about 3 1/2 hours from us. Great weekend trip.

Because we went to Paula's on Sunday, we only had the buffet as an option...the buffet had all the staples...but my favorites were the chicken, mashed potatoes and mac-n-cheese. I think Drew liked the pulled pork a great deal...also the green beans were yummy. However, after my first tastetest and ONLY ate chicken, potatoes and mac-n-cheese. There are pictures of the lovely dishes.

We also tried her famous chewy-butter cake for dessert. DIVINE!

Blogger kristen said...

that should read 'I ONLY ate...'

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast... cant wait to get the scoop for myself. Yummy, yummy food:)

Glad you are back... even though you are leaving again in the morning!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you left Drew standing there for an hour all alone. Was he crying when you came back? I would be...

Blogger kristen said...

Well..he wasn't technically all alone...he was with his friend (another husband!). He was okay....he's a good sport!

Blogger Dr. James McSaddle said...

Once you visit a Rachel Ray restaurant I know that you have gone too far.

Blogger Privatjokr said...

You have two husbands?!?!

I'm not sure if I am outraged or proud.

At least they are friends. That's important.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer