Monday, July 23, 2007
Hi. Remember me?
38 days
4,371 miles
88 hours
15 states
1 wedding

And lots of fun. Just because you care, I'm going to tell you about my TOP FIVES from the McMeta/H-B summer road trip. Now, to be fair, our friend was only with us for the first two weeks so he can't be held responsible for all the decisions made on the trip. But I can. E-mail me with complaints.

TOP FIVE EATING EXPERIENCES:
Rosemary's Thyme Bistro (Washington DC)
Five Guys Burger and Fries (All over the eastern US except in GA which is a big bummer)
Shadow's on the Hudson* (Poughkeepsie, NY)
26 Seats (NYC)
El Vez (Philadelphia, PA)

TOP FIVE WAYS TO KILL TIME IN THE CAR:
* "In my pants" billboard game. See a billboard, read it aloud, add "in my pants" to the end. Laugh
* Keep a running list of all the places you've eaten over the last 30+ days and continuously discuss which you liked best. Get hungry and insist on stopping to get a snack.
* Listen to Pete Yorn's new album Nightcrawler
* Listen to the Once soundtrack. Over and over and over again
* Read. Read a lot.

TOP FIVE BOOKS I'VE READ THIS SUMMER:
* Water for Elephants
* Eat, Pray and Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India, and Indonesia
* On Beauty
* Evening
* Our Endangered Values: America's Moral Crisis**

TOP FIVE WAYS TO SPEND A SUMMER DAY:
* The Bodies Exhibition
* Outdoor Decemberists concert at Millennium Park in Chicago
* The Met
* Watching movies (like Once) and reading
* Waiting for Michigan sunsets like this--



Such a lovely trip. But now we're back to the grind. I know how much fun looking at other peoples' vacay pictures is. So they are linked at my shutterfly. Enjoy.

*For the sake of full disclosure, we know the owners but I know everyone would have a great experience!
** Okay, we actually listened to this one.

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

zomg, i was at the decemberists show in millenium park too. how can you not find out if i'm in chicago when you are. wtf.

also, you were in philly and didn't call. i hates you.

also, i demand credit for "in my pants."

boyer.

Blogger kristen said...

HA...I didn't know Deb even lived in Chicago anymore! I thought she moved. And, quite honestly, I didn't know you lived close to Philly.

And I'm a bad friend. HAHA.
Sorry Boyer!

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer