Thursday, July 26, 2007
My Inner Voyeur
has come out [again] and is interested in the following:

The Paris Review Interviews: Literary interviews with Dorothy Parker, T.S. Eliot, Truman Capote, Ernest Hemingway AND MORE. Thoughtful, self deprecating and witty comments about self, writing and life.

The Journal of Joyce Carol Oates: Excerpts from the first decade of her personal journal. Not only about her personal and writing life but also about her friendships with the likes of Updike and Sexton.

The Believer Book of Writers Talking to Writers: Conversations between the best writers of today. Love it.

Also...I've recently become obsessed with a great idea of mine. HOW AWESOME WOULD IT BE if Borders/Barnes and Noble would do with books what Blockbuster and Netflix has done with movies? I want to pay a monthly fee. I want to have a queue of books. I want to return them at a convenient location and pick them up at my mailbox if I'm so inclined. And don't tell me to "go to the library." Um, I DO. And it isn't good enough. I want a book store at my fingertips. I don't want to wait for Ms. Slowpoke reader to get done with the book I want. Nor do I want to buy all the books I want to read and plan on only reading once.

There is Booksfree but it is too limiting. I demand more selection.

If this whole PhD thing doesn't work out...

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger bethany said...

Joyce Carole Oates is undeniably the craziest famous person I have ever met. She'll stop in the middle of a conversation and ask to sit quietly for a while. No wonder she's so prolific! Does the crazy come through in her journals?

Blogger kristen said...

A. how have we shared an office for 2+ years and i'm only now finding out that you've men JCO?

B. from the tone of your post, you have met other famous people.

C. i haven't read it yet...it is on the list. i can only hope. i love. love. love. crazy.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer