Friday, September 07, 2007
Some words about the brain
As you prepare for a two hour, oral, comprehensive exam focusing on a field that started with Aristotle, goes through today and includes literature from sociology, political science, philosophy, queer and gender studies (etc, etc, etc), you start to go crazy. Crazy.

So, in five minutes your brain goes from:

There is no way I am going to learn all this. Maybe I should just take my chances and stop studying
to
Oh my god, I have to make a list of all the things I haven't yet studied. I will study them all tomorrow *make short list of backup plans should the PhD fail*
to
WTF is that article? Have I ever read that? I wonder if it is important.....
to
Oh my god, I have to make a list of all the things I haven't yet read, I will read them all tomorrow
to
Maybe I shouldn't study tomorrow, I need a break
to
Maybe I should be done studying for today, I need a break
to
Shit, did I get my friend a birthday card? Nope. Uh oh.
to
Fill out birthday card and give to her today





Labels:



1 Comments:

Blogger Kourtney said...

Lets get this out of the way....my bday is oct 29th...there will be weekly reminders for you :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer