Tuesday, October 09, 2007
I-Tues v. 1
This blog needs some help. I've been doing A LOT of academic writing lately. As such, I've had very little energy or brain power to write substantial blog posts. And the blog has been a bit...wandering. To regain some focus and purpose, I've decided to do weekly entries about books, movies and music I've been enjoying. I consume a lot of each of these things and want to tell you about them.



So here, ladies/gentlepeople/everything in between and beyond, is my first I-Tues

I cannot stop listening to Josh Ritter's new album The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter. We enjoyed his previous album (Animal Years) his latest collection is pure genius. Lots of people will be drawn to the piano and guitar genius on the album but I cannot get enough of his witty, vivid, and sophisticated lyrics. They are so detailed and important. A little taste:


He's stolen hearts like they're horses
And horses when hearts can't be found
He keeps riding from one horse to one horse to one horse towns (It gets him down)
He know's he's a fool to get caught up with you
But he's the next to the last true romantic
He can't let go of love once he's had it
And he can't rest
Til he's next to you
There's always whiskey and women and women and whiskey around
He can't tell which is worse to be dying of thirst or to drown (It gets him down)



Gah. In love. And his voice is a blend of country twang and sad soul so the lyrics punch you in the gut.


Give him a listen here and then buy the album.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.
I have trouble listening to music just for the music (apparently I'm unable to enjoy it as others do), so I'm always looking for artists/songs with meaningful lyrics.
I think I'm gonna love your I-Tues weekly doses.

Blogger Pumpkin said...

I think that's an excellent plan m'dear. I will now go see what I can find out about this man with the lovely voice.

I've enjoyed the reviews that you've written in the past and I'm looking forward to the ones you're about to write!

xx

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer