Tuesday, October 16, 2007
I-Tues v. 2
About two years ago, I came to be obsessed with Patrick Park's album, Loneliness Knows my Name. At that point, the album was already a year old so I was a bit delayed. I was determined not to be as late to the next party. So when his new album, Everyone's in Everyone, came out this summer, we jumped on it. And it is almost as fantastic as Loneliness. Almost.

What I love about him is that he seems like he is constantly searching. I'm not for what. But he's on a mission. We're bonded together in restlessness. He sings:

You say life is a dream where we can't say what we mean. Maybe just some roadside scene that we're driving past. There's no telling where we'll be in a day or in a week. And there's no promises of peace or of happiness. Well is this why you cling to every little thing. And pulverize and derange all your senses. Maybe life is a song but you're scared to sing along. Until the very ending. Oh, it's time to let go of everything we used to know. Ideas that strengthen who we've been. It's time to cut ties that won't ever free our minds From the chains and shackles that they're in


Exactly!


I suspect that Park has gone through some serious breakups in his day. Loneliness is peppered with sad memories of love and loss and this album is no different. But this album is also marked with a certain level of hopefulness. He's moving on and starting over. He sings:


I don't remember where all this got started now. This fear inside of losing all control. It comes on like a silent night and builds till a little grow and slowly makes my poor heart feel so old. And I'm always holding on to things that are here and then gone. Ohhh but now that I can see how things are changing, I guess it is high time that I was moving on.


Good stuff. Such good stuff. Oh--and his voice is like butter. Butter!


Check him out here and then download

Life is a Song

Time for Moving On

Here We Are




Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer