Sunday, November 04, 2007
A Little Sunday Reading v. 2
This week was Fall Fiction Week at Slate. Lots of really interesting stories including this one asking contemporary authors to reveal their "greatest literary omissions." Not surprising, many have not read Harry Potter (although I'm not sure Harry Potter can be counted as "great" literature at this time--if ever) or Moby Dick (does anyone really read Moby Dick?). I was very surprised to see Jane Austen mentioned. Austen? Really?

Anyway, I had to confront the most important book I've never read. *confronting* I don't even know when to begin. To say the least, I don't often get down with the classic works. So in order to narrow it down, I've decided to admit the greatest feminist books I've never read. The list is vast and embarrassing.

1. I've never read anything by Virginia Woolf
2. The Color Purple by Alice Walker
3. Sexual Politics by Kate Millett
4. Fire with Fire by Naomi Wolf (This book is sitting beside by bed currently waiting to be read)

It feels good to get that off my chest. But now I am organized and determined to read some of the classic feminist works that I've missed.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer