Sunday, December 16, 2007
A Little Sunday Reading v. 7

Need help deciding what to read? Want to see the best of the best in 2007? Some links to help your reading journey--

Time picks the best fiction and non-fiction. So does Salon. The NYT gives the 10 best. A book blog I like is doing a countdown.

Also, I've updated my blog roll and you can always become my goodreads friend for more ideas!

Go forth and read good buddies.

I read an amazing book this week. The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears. One of the NYT 100 notable books of 2007 and I understand why.

This book was so beautiful. The story, a tale of an Ethiopian immigrant living in DC, was sad and heavy but I loved it.

The development of the relationships in the book was incredible. I have pages and pages marked with moving quotations.

While slightly liberating at the end, the book is not an uplifting one. But if you want to be blown away by someone's writing talent, this is the book for you.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Iliana said...

This is one of my favorite books of the year. So good.
I'm going to list my favorites of the year but I don't want to do it too soon - what if I leave out a great book I read towards the end of December! ha,ha...

Blogger kristen said...

I know what you mean! I'm still planning on doing a lot of reading these next two weeks!

I can't wait to see your list!

Blogger QuakerDave said...

A Thousand Splended Suns.

Read it and prepared to be really, really angry.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer