I'm answering NARAL's question--why do you vote pro-choice?
I vote pro-choice because:
1. I love women and I want them to reach their full potential. For many, that means not becoming mothers.
2. I support motherhood and women's ability to choose when to become one.
3. I understand mistakes happen, condoms break, birth control pills get skipped and people get raped.
4. I know that the government does not provide enough resources to women to take care of themselves--let alone a child.
5. "Life" can exist in a pro-choice world but "choice" can't exist in one that is pro-life.
6. Women should come before fetuses.
7. I refuse to buy into the mass media (and right wing) accounts of irresponsibility and carelessness. Abortion rates are not a "problem." Women do not "use abortion as birth control." Women who choose abortion are not "ruined."
8. I can put myself in the shoes of a woman with an unplanned pregnancy.
9. Being a pro-choice politician is a sign of other pro-woman philosophies.
Why do you vote pro-choice? And if you don't vote...shame on you.