Sunday, March 16, 2008
A Little Sunday Reading v. 9
I haven't been doing much leisure reading. Right now I'm working my way through Margret Atwood's Cat's Eye. I'm really enjoying it but it is not a light book and I don't have much time to devote to it. But I have some bookish links for you...

**If you need even more help deciding what to read, you can ask this database-- What Should I Read Next? You type in a title and author. You hit the button and BAM you have a brand new list of things to read.

**I'm visiting Seattle in a couple months. Should be a great time, since it is a city filled with readers.

**My favorite book in 2007 that was written in 2007 was The Post-Birthday World. I adored it. You can read an online book discussion over at Everyday I Write the Book blog. People have differing opinions on the book!

**Earlier this week I finished Charles Baxter's The Soul Thief. I liked it. I think I need to read it again to fully "get it." It is a dark story. Very dark. But also charming and well-written. The two characters are graduate school classmates. But, to say the least, their grad school life is waaay more exciting than mine. The NYT's reviewed it a couple weeks ago.

**I can't be the only one who wants to read this book. The creator of the thesaurus? And he has mental problems? And made lists all of his life? Count me in.

Happy reading.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

I love the What Should I Read? website! I typed in one of my very favorites, What I Loved, by Siri Hustvedt, and got some fantastic suggestions. Thanks a bunch!

And I really need to get back to Cat's Eye. It's #1 on my Spring Break reading list.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer