Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Perhaps there is a better way?

I'm a bit confused as to what to think about this story-- 'Dang-it-Dolls' Help Troops with Stress.

The dolls, made of pliable materials, are used to help troops combat stress and homesickness. The grandmother who first made the doll did it to get a smile out of her grandson who is serving overseas.

Unfortunately....the dolls are being returned to the State's needing an eye-ball replacement or a foot sewn back on because the troops have found that "Beating the stuffing out of pliable, google-eye dolls helps counter stress."

Um. What?! And the media is touting this as "cute" and "helpful"? I'm concerned.

As we all well know, our troops have had a bit of a problem with violence. And, I agree with the spirit of the project, our troops do need help dealing with stress. But, it seems, therapy would help. Perhaps some added assistance from the government, fewer deployments, ending the war? I don't know....beating the crap out of a doll? Just doesn't seem that healthy to me.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi! I stumbled upon your blog through Pioneer Woman, and I love your layout and background pattern! Where did you get it?

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if they're beating on dolls, at least they aren't beating the wife and kids, I guess...

Nope. Don't like it.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer