Thursday, August 07, 2008
Change *We* Can Believe In
If you are so inclined, add your name to this open letter to Barack Obama. I don't need to remind you of the FISA stuff or the crazy abortion rhetoric statements or his recent comments about energy. Well, I guess I just did. But the letter says it all....

We recognize that compromise is necessary in any democracy. We understand that the pressures brought to bear on those seeking the highest office are intense. But retreating from the stands that have been the signature of your campaign will weaken the movement whose vigorous backing you need in order to win and then deliver the change you have promised.

If you're so inclined, you're joining good company. The least of which is mine.

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

Not to take this off topic, but still standing by Edwards?

Blogger kristen said...

Yeah. A few things in regard to his love child/affair which is what I think you're talking about?!

I've heard for quite a while that he was gallivanting around town. SO that was always in the back of my mind, didn't take me by surprise and was knowledge I had, although it wasn't confirmed, pre-support (and pre money donation, etc, etc).

I'm disappointed. Both because I respect Elizabeth Edwards and because adulterous male politicians make me confront the possibility that they aren't always as "pro woman" as they claim.

But I have complicated feelings about monogamy being a standard used to judge people. He's not my husband, not my father, not my problem. I think someone can be a good president but a crappy partner.

So. I still support Edwards as a politician and public servant. I think he had the best ideas for fixing the problems I see as being the most important.

Blogger Nicole said...

hold up... I thought you liked pandering:)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer