Monday, August 04, 2008
Tagged!
Quaker Dave tagged me on this meme. Since the blogging inspiration has been thin lately, this is the perfect thing to get my mind going.

1. List these rules on your blog. (check)

2. Share seven facts about yourself on your blog. (check)

3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.

Fact #1: I hate being in cold water. I love to swim but hate that chill you feel when you first enter the water. And I'm too impatient to wait through the adjustment moments when your body gets used to the temperature. This past week, I was on vacation with my family. It was 90+ degrees out and I sat in the hot tub. I loved every minute of it.

Fact #2: The first time I got in "trouble" for talking in school was in the first grade. I was asked to sit in the hall and told that my teacher liked "quiet little girls." The talking has continued. As has my inability to get along with people who like "quiet girls."

Fact #3: I play the clarinet. Technically I played the clarinet. I haven't picked one up in about 10 years but I played for a really long time and was actually pretty good. What's funny is that now I hate the sound of clarinet(s) in music. Luckily not many artists whip out their clarinet to accompany their singing.

Fact #4: There are quite a few major movie series that I've never seen. Where to begin.....Star Wars, Rocky, Terminator, Die Hard, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones, Lethal Weapon, Harry Potter, Jaws, Silence of the Lambs, Nightmare on Elm. And I'm okay with each and every one. Some of them I started to watch and ended up stopping. Others I never even tried.

Fact #5: I had a long-term pen pal for most of my childhood. We met through the Disney magazine and exchanged letters for more than 10 years. We even met in person one time. I still love to write letters although I don't send them nearly enough.

Fact #6: I feel like I'm the only one in America who doesn't browse Youtube regularly, think McSweeney's is funny, enjoy Seinfeld, consider Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance a good book, and desire an Iphone. Also? I don't like funnel cakes, apple pie, yogurt with fruit in it, chocolate ice cream, pudding or nacho cheese Doritos. And for the sake of full disclosure, I haven't read a single Jody Picoult book and I think John Grisham is overrated. No offense to these lovely individuals.

Fact #7: I drink champagne even when it isn't a special occasion and I like bloody mary's even when it isn't morning.

Ok. I'm not going to tag 7 people but I will tag Maeve and Kourt. I'd love for others to do it as well but I know that they won't. So I won't even tag them. I hate rejection. But let me know in the comments if you participate!

Labels: ,



3 Comments:

Blogger Andi said...

Love all your facts, but especially #6. I'm right there with ya on all of the things you mentioned except the Doritos. I'm a Dorito-holic. However, I like the spicy nacho instead of the regular. Regular tastes like what I would imagine funky toes to be.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Silence of the Lambs" left me feeling like I needed a long, hot shower, for days. I hated it. So you're not missing much, no.

And I don't get the whole iPhone thing, either, other than the hype apsect.

Blogger Nicole said...

what?!?! no pudding? what is wrong with you? please do not tell me you hate pudding pops as well.. that would be too much sorrow for one day.

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer