Monday, January 07, 2008
Wrapping Up 2007!
HAPPY NEW YEAR...only 7 days late!

Drew and I just returned from two weeks of pure family holiday time. We had a great time. But I always do better when I'm on a schedule and in a routine so I'm glad to be back in the ATH. Glad to be starting the semester. Glad to be in our condo. VERY glad to be sleeping in our own bed. But we know how lucky we are to have had such a long time with with our family. The life of two teachers is a good one.

2007 was a great year. Great! I finished up my course work, successfully defended my comprehensive exams, got a job teaching in our women's studies department and enjoyed a variety of fun activities!

We had a blast on our road trip. It was long.
I saw Jimmy Carter. That was awesome.
I spent a lot of time cooking. Cooking is weird.

Because I finished up my course work and gave up most t.v., I had a lot more time to read--for pleasure. I read some great books. The best books I read in 2007:
1. How To Be Alone
2. The Time Traveler's Wife
3. Middlesex
4. Mister Pipp
5. The Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears
6. The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

AND THE BEST BOOK I READ IN 2007 THAT WAS ACTUALLY WRITTEN IN 2007 WAS.....
The Post-Birthday World. I still need to do my review as I read it in the final days of 2007. But let me just say it was incredible. It started a bit slow but I ended up loving it. A full review is forthcoming.

I watched great movies as well....good thing we joined Blockbuster.com
1. Once
2. Away From Her
3. Notes on a Scandal
4. Little Children
5. Factory Girl

And listened to tons of music....
1. Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha
2.
Josh Ritter- The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter
3. Ryan Adams- Easy Tiger
4. Patrick Park- Everyones in Everyone
5. The Bees- Octopus



Leaving you with one of my favorite photos from 2007. Heres to laughter and fun in the new year. Happy 2008!

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Iliana said...

Happy New Year Kristen!
I love reading these best of lists. Beautiful Things That Heaven Bears also was one of my favorite reads. Here's wishing you a year filled with lots of laughter and lots of good books!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite photos too! Here's hoping that 2008 is equally as good as 2007... even if its only half, it will still be amazing:)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer